Please note: Aspire is now full for September 2023. If you require further information, please refer back to your case worker at the Local Authority.
Local Authority Arrangements
The admission of pupils with EHCPs to special schools is a decision for the local authority (LA) who has statutory responsibility for arranging their provision. There are admissions criteria for each special school in order to determine if a particular school would be a suitable placement. Please note that the relevant admissions criteria related to Aspire School can be found in the ‘Statement of Provision’ document at the bottom of this page.
These criteria include;
- Education Health Care Plan
- The wishes of the parent
- The nature of the child’s needs and previous educational experiences (if applicable)
- Pupils whose learning difficulties cannot be met in a mainstream school
- Recommendations of the referring body
- The suitability of Aspire School for the pupil
Admissions are made through referral by the Kent Local Authority with the agreement of the school.
Refusal of Admission
The school reserves the right to refuse admission in the following cases
- The pupil’s needs do not match those in the admission criteria.
- There are no existing vacancies in the pupil’s year group.
- The admission of the pupil would be detrimental to the education of other pupils attending the school, as unreasonable adjustments to the existing pupils’ programmes would have to be made.